has a very useful function to refer to previous period of a time
dimension, that function is PrevMember
. With this function we can calculate growth based
on current and previous period value.
We well based our sample on Foodmart's Sales cube to create a view of Unit Sales growth for each period.
Here are the steps:
- Start your Mondrian server
- Open to your Mondrian app in your browser. For example my Mondrian app is located in http://localhost:8080/mondrian
- Once the menu page appears, click on the JPivot pivot table link
- Test Query uses Mondrian OLAP page will appear shortly
- Click on MDX button to show mdx editor
- Type this MDX query inside the editor. Notice the use of PrevMember function.
- Click Apply button.
- You now have a slice and dice table showing Unit Sales growth measure from previous period, try to drill down on Time dimension by clicking +/- link button.