As of 28 December 2008, BI Server had released version 2.0 stable branch. This article will guide you step by step to install and configure this version in your Windows XP box.
- Disk Space : 300 MB
- CPU : Pentium Dual Core
- RAM : 2 GB
- Sun JDK (Optional). If you run trouble running BI-Server see this article.
Getting the Binary Package
- Extract the zipped file into your desired installation folder. For example, I extract the package to c:\biserver-ce
Starting Up BI Server
- Goto your command prompt (Start > Accessories > Command Prompt)
- Run your BI-Server by executing the following commands in your command prompt
- cd c:\biserver-ce
- This will open up several 2 other separate terminal windows. One for hsqldb database server, and one for the BI-Server itself
- Wait for several seconds until one of the window show server already started - window with "Tomcat" title
- Open your browser and navigate to http://localhost:8080/pentaho. You will see a welcome screen like below.
- Click on "Pentaho User Console Login" box
- The login box will pop up. Select Joe from the available list of users
- Click Login
- After a while, you will be redirected to User Console page